Fly Legacy 0.4.0 alpha build

Forum général de Fly! Legacy (Français/English)

Modérateur : Bureau

Verrouillé
KenWood

Fly Legacy 0.4.0 alpha build

Message par KenWood »

I have flown about with the Cessna for the last two days, and I must say that this is a LARGE step up in the correct direction. Really nice job on the cockpit. Everything is nicely laid out and works in all views. Did notice the plane seems a bit sluggish yet - especially on ground handling. Also, appears to be a little bit under powered. I was successful in getting a Fly!II podfile of scenery in my area into the sim, although my particular airport did not show the runways. But the TerraScene scenery itself displayed nicely. I had to utilize the older SQL databases so I could fly in the USA area. I can say that the older SQL files work, but not as well as the limited version with 0.4.0 build. But it is nice to know that one can use them for USA flying purposes. One does NOT want to use the older Tiletype.img file with this as the sharper generic tiles won't look near as good. :wink:

Sooo... I must say this is a vast improvement over 0.3.x builds. :D Once more documentation for working with the new panel format is written / available - I will be ready to help out by delving into some crossover work with getting Fly!II aircraft ported into Fly! Legacy. Only problem is, something tells me I will need some 3DS max tutorials again :fou2:

Legacy team - :bonjour: to you all! This is really nice so far! Cannot wait until we get ATC/radio controls (i.e. control windows) working plus seeing the clouds take on better form. Wishlist would be to see the clouds as they were in Fly! / Fly!2K - though Jure's efforts for Fly!II were really good, I miss Fly!'s methodof cloud rendering. When you went through them, it really felt like I was flying through them!

Many Cheers!
Ken Wood
(Seawind Project with F2FD and Laurent, et. al.)
Ken Wood
Meteorologist
Seawind Project

Verrouillé