Fly! Legacy Aircraft

Forum général de Fly! Legacy (Français/English)

Modérateur : Bureau

Verrouillé
MANOS

Fly! Legacy Aircraft

Message par MANOS »

Hi,
This simulator is really great. And to be honest I stumbled into it by chance while I was searching for Fly! 1 add-ons.
Having trying it for a while, I was wondering what steps I need to take in order to import Fly! II aircraft into Fly! Legacy.
I attempted to copy directly the respective Fly! II aircraft folders (with the .pod etc files) over to Fly! Legacy's aircraft folders but it doesn't
seem to work: The copied aircraft shows up alright as an aircraft selection choice in Fly!legacy but once selected the sim crashes to the desktop.
I tried out all the aircraft types supplied with the European version of Fly! II but with no luck. Every time the sim crashes
Are Fly! II aircraft compatible with Fly! Legacy? Is there a way to import them into Fly! Legacy?
Thank you for this great sim anyway,
manos

MANOS

Re: Fly! Legacy Aircraft

Message par MANOS »

Keeping using Fly! Legacy I have come up with a few new questions:
- How do I install taxiways, dex files etc Included in aeroport zips? I understand they were initially made for Fly! II, but as I see no
'...\aircraft\stuff' or 'f...\taxiways' or '...\world' folders in Fly!legacy, I wonder what I should do?

- How can I create custom scenery with elevations/textures for a particular area of the Fly! legacy world? Is there an editor/tool for creating that
kind of scenery (mountains-photoreal textures)? Any site or link with instructions on this?

- How do I use the 'import' menus ('import elevations', etc) of Fly! Legacy? All options in this menu seem to be non-selectable (dimmed out)
Thanks again,
manos

Didier_LFRS

Message par Didier_LFRS »

Hi Manos
I attempted to copy directly the respective Fly! II aircraft folders
- FlyLegacy can't use aircraft from Fly!II. You can't import anything from Fly!! to legacy
- How do I install taxiways, dex files etc Included in aeroport zips?
Same as above. You can use LegacyEditor or LegacyNavigator to change values (navaids or waypoints) in database.
- How can I create custom scenery with elevations/textures
Not yet develloped
- How do I use the 'import' menus
Tools for developper only
Intel Core i5-2320 Quad CPU 3.0GHz - Mem 8 Go - Windows 8 64 bits
Carte NVidia GeForce GTX 650 Mem 2 Go avec 2 écrans ( 24" + 19" )

MANOS

Message par MANOS »

Thank you Didier_LFRS for your reply and help,
I'd like to ask one more thing:
Whenever I attempt to start from Annecy airport (by teleporting there), or whenever I fly
towards it and come close to it the sim crashes to the desktop.
I removed the two scenery folders supplied with the program (Annemasse and Chambery) in an attempt to
determine the cause of the crash but the problem remains even without them. I then removed the respective
data folder but still the same thing. The only work-around I discovered is to disable airports in general, (by setting
the value of "Noairports"=1 in the Fly!legacy configuration file) but then everything of the airport disappears including the runways.
Is this a program bug, or you think it's something related to my video card (GTX295 nvidia) or it's 3D settings?
Or is it something related to the global airport database?
By the way, to check if this is an internal bug, I thought to use some earlier version of Fly!legacy but I could not find a link to any of them.
Thanks again,
manos

Didier_LFRS

Message par Didier_LFRS »

Did you remove all files you added ?
You need a video card which support at last opengl 2.2
Intel Core i5-2320 Quad CPU 3.0GHz - Mem 8 Go - Windows 8 64 bits
Carte NVidia GeForce GTX 650 Mem 2 Go avec 2 écrans ( 24" + 19" )

MANOS

Message par MANOS »

So it,s not a program bug. Yes I have removed everything I installed.
Still, I will try reinstalling Fly! Legacy (even on a second PC with different hardware as a test),
I will also check what you mentioned concerning graphics card / openGL and I let you know.
Best regards,
manos

MANOS

Message par MANOS »

Hi again Didier_LFRS,
Like I said I tested the latest version of Fly! legacy on two different PCs (one with an Intel processor i7 and GTX295 nvidia card), the other on a AMD processor /Geforce 8600 card PC) but in both cases the program crashes when at or in the vicinity of the Annecy airport (OpenGL version was 3.3 in both cases with sufficient VRAM and RAM).
Could you please try this out on your PC and tell me what happens? (That is using the latest Fly! Legacy version, starting with the default situation "Annemassec172.sit" and then selecting from the directory 'Annecy" airport and teleporting there) Does this work for you?
manos

anaisac65

Message par anaisac65 »

MANOS a écrit :Keeping using Fly! Legacy I have come up with a few new questions:
- How do I install taxiways, dex files etc Included in aeroport zips? I understand they were initially made for Fly! II, but as I see no
'...\aircraft\stuff' or 'f...\taxiways' or '...\world' folders in Fly!legacy, I wonder what I should do?

- How can I create custom scenery with elevations/textures for a particular area of the Fly! legacy world Mutuelles senior? Is there an editor/tool for creating that
kind of scenery (mountains-photoreal textures)? Any site or link with instructions on this?

- How do I use the 'import' menus ('import elevations', etc) of Fly! Legacy? All options in this menu seem to be non-selectable (dimmed out)
Thanks again,
manos
Moi aussi je cherche comment installer le jeu mais je ne sans pas ou. Est ce que vous pourrez m'aider en français.

Robert51

Message par Robert51 »

As-tu telecharger la documentation ?
Robert51 (comme le pastis, publicité non payée !) Image
ASUS Intel Core i5 à 2.8GHz, 4Go RAM, Nvidia GT620 1Go de RAM - Toshiba Portege R930 Intel Core i5 SSD - iMac 22" - Tablette Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7'

Verrouillé