FlyII + DVD freezes after 5 minutes.

Forum général de Fly! 1/2K & Fly! II (Français/English)

Modérateur : Bureau

Verrouillé
REUTER Jean-Marie

Message par REUTER Jean-Marie »

Hello Randy,

Don't worry, we have noticed your request. I hope that you will have a quick reply from one of our experts.

Jean-Marie

Robert51

Message par Robert51 »

Hi Randy,

I think that your problem about slight jump and and frozened program stands in tweaking the render.ini.

If you respect the running order for the installation of the ROTW DVD, you erase fly and render.ini in order to recreate by Fly! himself on the first run.

But you should edit this render.ini and make some modifications in. The first parameter maxTextures32=0 must be changed at 16 or higher. Also let avoid 999 value that sounds all memory can be used by the parameter especially when you fly in a high density scenery.

I hope I help you in a good way. Myself, I enjoy with FLY! II without strong difficulties.

Best regards
Robert51 (comme le pastis, publicité non payée !) Image
ASUS Intel Core i5 à 2.8GHz, 4Go RAM, Nvidia GT620 1Go de RAM - Toshiba Portege R930 Intel Core i5 SSD - iMac 22" - Tablette Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7'

FRED38
ROTW

Message par FRED38 »

La valeure 999 signifie a fly de prendre toute la memoire restante.
Fred38
ROTW

Egidio

Re:

Message par Egidio »

Salut/Hi,
Randy a écrit :8) Thanks for the reply. I will do the render.ini modifications you suggested. However, I did not quite get the meaning of the last sentence, could you expalin it again (je n'ai pas compris le sens de la phrase suivante: "Also let avoid 999 value that sounds all memory can be used..." vous pouvez me la formuler en français, puis que je suis tout à fait bilingue. :)

Randy.
Ca veux dire exactement :
Laissez également "tombé / éviter" la valeur 999 qui indique que toute la mémoire peut être employée par le paramètre : particulièrement quand vous volez dans un paysage à haute densité.
Egidio.

KenWood

Re: FlyII + DVD freezes after 5 minutes.

Message par KenWood »

Hi Randy - this may be a bit late, but better late than never! :lol:

On AVSIM there should be a small program called MEMCALC by Jeff Burke that will help you figure out the (supposedly) best render settings for your video card. Do a search of the file library for MemCalc and you should find it easily. It worked well for me and my nVidia TI4200.

Best regards,
Ken
Ken Wood
Meteorologist
Seawind Project

Verrouillé